Years ago when I was in Sacramento, I was in grad school and assisting with autopsies. I watched an Oprah show where everyday she said 10 things she was thankful for, no matter how small. At that time, seeing such awful things humans do to each other, I found it very helpful. I've gotten away from that, and find that when I do think of 10 things, I feel much better. So, here is my most recent list...
I am thankful for...
1. A beautiful and healthy daughter
2. A fabulous finance, without whom, my life would be incomplete
3. A VERY helpful and supportive mom and dad
4. Having so much to look forward to...WEDDING
5. My own health, thank GOD I have it!
6. The most wonderful and fantastic friends...you girls know who you are!
7. The ability to see...hear...and talk
8. Be able to laugh at myself...there is no need to take life THAT seriously
9. Technology...where else can we express ourselves like this
10. Being closer to our families
Obviously there are many other things I'm thankful for, but the point is to list 10 you think of that day. I challenge you all to try this. I think you will appreciate you're life much more when you do. There are many people out there that don't have what you do...just remember that
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love this! I need to do more of that especially when I start getting so dang restless.
P.S. You left me ;)
Love the list.
That is a great list! Tomkin keeps a notepad by the bed and tries to write down five things every night that he is thankful for from that specific day. And we always have a moment of silence before meals, which gives us time to be (quietly) thankful. Sometimes I have to stop myself, because the list just keeps going on and on! I think you're right--it is SO important to be thankful for what we have.
Where are the halloween pictures!? I'm waiting sis.
Post a Comment