Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Uncle Victor

I don't normally post things like this, but felt the need to. Today my Uncle Victor died. It's one of those times that is kind of unbelievable, almost surreal. It hasn't really sunk in yet and I don't know when it will. No one really knows what happened, but he was driving his tricycle/motorcycle and he hit a deer and swerved into a tree.

It's one of those instances that just isn't right. He was a wonderful person with a HUGE heart. And I'm going to miss him tremendously. I know I'll be able to heal from this eventually. I just don't know how my aunt will do. He was all she had.

I try to imagine what she will be feeling and I know I have no idea. I don't think anyone can. I'm going to be driving to Michigan tomorrow and I'm going to do my best to be a comfort for her. I feel like this is so wrong in so many ways. He was too young and too good for this to happen to. It is a horrible tragedy.

If you're reading this, please keep my family in your prayers. I will be praying a lot myself. Thank you.

I love you Victor! I'll miss you!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. My sincerest condolences. Please know we will be thinking of you and your aunt. Life definitely throws some rough roads in there. Hang in!

Mira and Eric said...

Sending prayers for your aunt and for you and your family.

Peace,
Mira

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Wow, Lisa, I am so sorry! What a sad, sudden tragedy. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers to you and your family in this hard time. Wish you and all your loved ones strength and love. J&A

Team Us said...

We are praying for you all!